What to do when your child swallows poisonous material

ajipe.com

Don’t induce vomiting if your child swallows a poisonous substance

If your child swallows a poisonous substance or you feel he must have, stay calm but act fast.

  • Take the item away from the child and have him spit out anything that’s left in his mouth
  • Save the container so the doctors can know what was swallowed
  • Don’t induce vomit
  • Unless your child is unconscious, having convulsions or cannot swallow, give him some water to drink
  • Do not give milk,palm oil or any other substance
  • Take the child to the nearest hospital

Always remember to keep dangerous material out of the reach of children.

Be Healthy!

Author: Faisol Oladosu

Faisol - founder of Ajipe.com

Share This Post On