What to do when your child swallows poisonous material
If your child swallows a poisonous substance or you feel he must have, stay calm but act fast.
- Take the item away from the child and have him spit out anything that’s left in his mouth
- Save the container so the doctors can know what was swallowed
- Don’t induce vomit
- Unless your child is unconscious, having convulsions or cannot swallow, give him some water to drink
- Do not give milk,palm oil or any other substance
- Take the child to the nearest hospital
Always remember to keep dangerous material out of the reach of children.